Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Disadvantage - Endurance

This is a follow-up to my post about whether you need to work out to be a PT student. Now that I am in clinic, standing for 8-10 hrs in a day, I realize its a real disadvantage if you are not fit. I consider myself fit but after a long day, I just crash. I even take a 15 minute power nap at lunch!

Since I started, I stretch almost every night and work out at least 3 times a week. I mainly concentrate on core exercises. Looking at the list on Fit and Healthy Lifestyle Blog, I cover most of those points - eat often and in small portions, sleep a full 8 hours, pretty much abstain from alcohol, only drink caffeine in the AM, eat a healthy breakfast, fiber bar by mid-day, drink lots of water, and every chance I get, I sit down. All I have left is to hope that my endurance will build up during my last 3 weeks of the clinical. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment