Sunday, July 1, 2012

Why go to school in NYC?

I like to ask my out-of-town classmates why they chose to go to PT school in NYC.

Here were some of their answers.

1. "My girlfriend was applying to law school in NYC so I applied too. We're not together anymore. She got into a school in Rochester. I came here." This was very sweet.

2. "It was the only school I got into!" - Very logical!

3. "I wanted to move away for a while. I'm from a small town and I thought this would be a great chance for me to live in a big city."

4. "All the PT schools are in NY."

Here is why I THINK you should come to NYC (even on a student budget):

1. You will always have a scenic place to jog.

Across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Around Central Park.

Around the Brooklyn Promenade.

Around Battery Park City.

2. Yummy $1 Pizza in Brooklyn

3. $9 pitchers/ $3 shots/ ridiculous amount of fun at the bars. $1 beer Wednesdays.

4. Dodgeball Club

5. 4 Seasons

6. Christmas in NYC

7. Dim Sum.

8. Listen to bands play in the area just outside Rumsey Playfield for free.

9. Dancing in Park

10. Free entrance to Museums on select days

11. Private Room Karaoke

12. Fuerza Bruta

13. Rock Climbing in Brooklyn

14. Rooftop Movies

15. Beer Gardens in LIC

16. Santacon

17. Halloween Parade

18. Maize Maze in Queens County Farm

19. Urban Beekeeping!

20. Wineries in Long Island

There's more but I have to study for an exam!

Picture from F.A.M.E. NYC Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment