Sunday, March 10, 2013

Early Intervention Part II


So I'm a silly silly ass. I thought I could just jump into Early Intervention (EI) like post-grads work in a orthopedics clinic after PT school because they are interested in "Ortho". I'm in my 7th week of Pediatric Dx & Management and we finally got to the part about working in Early Intervention. My professor broke it to me lightly and kindly, that therapists usually work in a school setting with the 3-5 year olds or in a clinic for kids of all ages for a few years before they even go near the 0-3 year olds. Makes sense. She must have thought, "Jen must be out of her mind if she thought she could go near anyone's baby with next to no experience." Sigh, I must sound really naive to people when I tell them that I want to work in EI when I graduate. Eh, live and learn.

Cute baby pic from CDC website that list baby milestones

Also an incredible powerpoint with fantastic pictures from Missy Rose and Lois Bly describing normal and abnormal infant milestones from 0-12 mo. It was really helpful visual when learning about developmental milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment