Thursday, May 8, 2014

Done! Now for Graduation!



I am DONE with my clinicals. Yes!

Graduation is in a week. My school has 2 graduations - 1 ceremony for the whole graduating class (undergrad & grad) at a big concert venue and 1 intimate ceremony where I will walk up on stage, take my fake diploma and shake some hands. My dad, mom and bro will come to the intimate ceremony and take lots of pictures. I know my bro will hoot for me when I'm on stage. I'll attend the larger ceremony even though my family will not be able to because... why-not.

Lots of my second career friends chose not to attend their graduation. I will go because "It's kind of a big deal." I left a paying salary to go back to school for 4 years of my life (3 for DPT, 1 for the pre-req's) in a field that I had no background in. I will obtain my Doctorate of Physical Therapy. My school chose me from 800+ candidates. Five of my classmates didn't finish. I made it. I'm going to celebrate it. I always think that I will never regret going but I might regret skipping.

Picture from Cheezburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment