Sunday, June 8, 2014

Exercise Rx website

 
My classmates went to school for exercise science, worked as personal trainers, played sport in undergraduate, at least watched sports, etc. I did not have a clue about exercise before I started PT school. When I was a first year, a third year told me the best thing that I can do to help me with my studies is exercise. So I did.

The website, Exercise Prescription helped me... A LOT ... with learning how to exercise and definitely with kinesiology for my first year. There is only so much a tutor can help you learn which muscles are being worked during a specific exercise. Sometimes, you just have to do it yourself.

During clinical, I had to demonstrate these exercises in PROPER form so that the patient doesn't injury him/herself and strengthens the correct areas of the body. And I look so much more competent when I can perform an exercise without struggling. 

Picture from Exercise Prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment