Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Oh god, I feel like I'm going to fail the NPTE!


I've been studying for the NPTE for 6.5 weeks now. I started on June 2nd after I came back from a relaxing vacation in Berlin with my best friend. I study 6 days a week from 9AM-2PM. I have taken 4 exams - 3 from the O'Sullivan review book and 1 PEAT. My classmate is my study buddy and he is one of the top students in my class, served as a tutor for the underclassmen. We analyze our weaknesses and study aloud because we know that 90% of learning is being able to teach it.

In the afternoons/evenings and 1 day off, I indulge in movies and relaxing with my friends so not to burn out. I have read page in the overly-detailed O'Sullivan review book and have incredible typed up notes from my curriculum. Youtube, Wikipedia, Mayo clinic are my best friends. All the exams that I have taken have been under reasonable exam conditions. No noise, at a computer, continuously for 3+hours.

And after all this, I have failed every exam that I have taken. My best score was a 70%. SIGH! I am studying by the book. I believe in trying my hardest but wow....I don't even know if my hardest is enough for this exam. I am usually that person that tells you that I passed... after I passed. It doesn't feel right to tell you about the experience after I put out the fire. I have 6 more days to take 1 more PEAT exam and get on top of this. After my mini breakdown yesterday with my dad, I devised a plan to conquer this exam. If I am successful, I will definitely blog about it. If I'm not, well... I have perfected the art of convincing myself that retaking the exam in October won't be so bad.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment