Monday, January 27, 2014

Email Addresses



In PT school, I had to use my school email address for everything - communications with my professors  and clinical placements, etc. The faculty gave a lecture on receiving emails from inappropriate personal email addresses. I laughed and thought they were over-exaggerating. Then my classmate proceeds to tell me a story about when one of his classmates (when he was working on his pre-reqs) put her email address on the blackboard because she was coordinating a mass email from the professor. Her email address was along the lines of ….xsexykittenx.

This is an important note. People will laugh at (and judge you by) your email address. Have a personal one and have a professional one. I recommend never having any professional email addresses with the x in the beginning or end of the your name, unless there is an 'x' actually in your name. Its just a bad road that you want to avoid.

Picture from ecards.

No comments:

Post a Comment