Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dress Appropriately

I don't think I owned these types of nice dress clothes when I had a disposable income. But you get the idea. Look your smartest. Dress up for the interview.

I got into a random conversation today at lunch about whether the faculty at my school gave each of the interviewees a scan up and down before accepting us into the program. I said hells yes, I think my professors checked me out before accepting me! Then I hear about how some girl [during my classmate's interview] had the balls to come to the PT interview in a T-shirt and jeans! My classmate said she gave good answers but she's not a part of our class. Maybe the girl got accepted elsewhere. But would you really risk a chance to get into PT school because you didn't feel like buying a nice outfit? Go to Target or H&M and buy a cheap blouse/button down and slacks. Of course the interviewer is judging! I almost feel ridiculous even writing this post.

The only thing more ridiculous is this picture of Iggy. But at least he is dressed appropriately for his profession.

I think of my professors as working professionals. They happen to be responsible for inputting my grades but at the end of the day, they are working folk. And if they had to decide whether to put the girl in the button down shirt and dress pants on his/her team or the girl in the t-shirt and jeans [and they have similar academic stats], it seems obvious who he/she would want to represent their team.

If you are unsure, it never hurts to dress up. But it will only work against you to look like this.

Top Picture from All About Fashion.

Picture of Iggy from Fashionista.com

No comments:

Post a Comment