Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hola, me llamo Jennifer.


Nothing takes the place of having excellent verbal & physical cues. I believe the best physical therapists can apply the right kind of pressure on a patient to indicate what motion he/she would like the patient to do [ie. during a MMT] and minimal conversation has to take place. However, I suck.... ahemmmmm-am learning. I have a lot of Spanish-speaking residents/patients at the nursing home and I decided its best that I learn a few verbs & phrases to help me with the evaluations & treatment.

I made a cheat sheet [1-sheet, 3-column word document] with words pulled from Texas State University -San Marcos site and slipped it into my folder that I carry around. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me! Mavro also has an application for your iPad/iPhone.

Picture from iTunes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment